Zoning Board of Appeals
The Zoning Board of Appeals is responsible for approval of interpretation of the town Zoning Law and hears applications for variances. The Board acts in a quasi-judicial capacity. It will give notice and hear evidence of the need for a variance. The law fixes certain criteria that the board must consider before it can grant a variance.
Questions and comments should be directed to the Planning Board Secretary at 845-794-2500 x321 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org..
Meetings on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, beginning at 6:30 p.m. with a 30-minute work session. The regular meeting begins at 7:00 p.m. at the Thompson Town Hall.
Legal notices are published in the Sullivan County Democrat. Applications must be delivered by 9 a.m. on the deadline date, with no exceptions.
2014 ZBA Schedule
2015 ZBA Schedule
2016 ZBA Schedule
2017 ZBA Schedule
- Richard McClernon, Chair; term expires 12/31/2019
- Jay Mendels; term expires 12/31/2018
- Richard Benson; term expires 12/31/2022
- Robert Hoose; term expires 12/31/2020
- Ryan T. Schock; term expires 12/31/2018
- Ian Constable, Jr., Alternate; term expires 12/31/2018
- Danielle Jose, Alternate; term expires 12/31/2018
- Heather Zangla, Secretary; term expires 12/31/2018
- Deborah Mitchell, Recording Secretary; term expires 12/31/2018